Increases productivity of the hair roots
- keeps hair roots awake
- hair roots become more productive
Stimulate hair growth with energy for the hair roots
The caffeine-containing active ingredient combination of Alpecin Caffeine Liquid keeps hair roots awake and contributes to extending their growth phases for longer than provided for by hereditary predisposition. When applied, it causes a fresh tingling on the scalp. Its active ingredients travel along the hair shaft and form a depot sufficient for up to 24 hours. The hair roots become more productive and hair growth is accelerated. Counteract premature hair loss at the source with Alpecin Caffeine Liquid.
"With hereditary hair loss, a scalp massage with Alpecin Caffeine Liquid is a must each morning as it helps to normalise the growth phases of the hair roots."
Dr. Klenk, Head of Alpecin Research in Bielefeld, Germany.
How to use Caffeine Liquid
Apply in the morning and after each hair wash to the towel-dried scalp and massage in. Do not rinse out! Allow to dry briefly, then comb hair again. Style as usual. Avoid contact with the eyes.
Aqua, Alcohol Denat., PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Panthenol, Menthol, Caffeine, Zinc PCA, Niacinamide, Citric Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Acetate, BHT, Parfum, Limonene, Linalool, Citronellol, Coumarin.
Special active ingredients
- Caffeine activates the hair roots, prolongs the growth phase and improves hair growth.
- Zinc and niacin are important growth factors for healthy hair roots.
Questions and answers
- I have been using Alpecin Caffeine Liquid for 3 weeks and still haven't noticed any improvement in my hair loss.
- I have been using Alpecin Caffeine Liquid for more than a year. No hair has grown back. Is Alpecin Caffeine Liquid ineffective?
- Is it possible to overdose in a single day from multiple applications of Alpecin Caffeine Liquid?
- Can I use other products such as gel or hair spray as well as Alpecin Caffeine Liquid?
- The recommended usage instructions on the product say "in the morning and after every hair wash, use the dosage tip to directly aplly the product to the towel-dried scalp and massage in."
- How long is Alpecin Caffeine Liquid effective, does it have to be used daily?
- I have been using Alpecin Caffeine Liquid every day for a few weeks now and I am noticing increased hair loss.
- Use of a cosmetic caffeine lotion in the treatment of male androgenetic alopecia:
Conducted at the Center for Cosmetologic Research, Catholic University of Sacred Heart, Rome and Evic Italia, Italy.
C. Bussoletti, F. Mastropietro, L. Celleno, J. Appl. Cosmetol. 2011, 29, 167-180.
- Alpecin Caffeine Liquid promotes active hair roots:
Conducted by the joint dermatology practice of Dr. Peter and Dr. Seeber, Hamburg
- Caffeine improves barrier function in male skin:
Conducted at the clinic and polyclinic for dermatology and venereology at the University of Hamburg-Eppendorf, Germany.
J. M. Brandner, M. J. Behne, B. Huesing, I. Moll, Int. J. Cosmet. Sci. 2006, 28, 343–347. EP 1396261 B1.
- Effect of caffeine and testosterone on the proliferation of human hair follicles in vitro:
Conducted at the Clinic for Dermatology and Dermatologic Allergology of the Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Germany.
T. W. Fischer, U. C. Hipler, P. Elsner, Int. J. Dermatol. 2007, 46, 27–35.
- Differential effects of caffeine on hair shaft elongation, matrix and outer root sheath keratinocyte proliferation, and transforming growth factor-b2/insulin-like growth factor-1-mediated regulation of the hair cycle in male and female human hair follicles in vitro:
Conducted at the Institute for Dermatology at Lübeck University, Germany
T. W. Fischer, E. Herczeg-Lisztes, W. Funk, D. Zillikens, T. Bíró, R. Paus, Br. J. Dermatol. 2014, 171, 1031-1043.