Frequently Asked Questions
The right care to satisfy your requirements!
From shampoos tailored to different scalp types through to a liquid which provides the hair roots with enough growth energy every day. With Alpecin you will find the solution which matches your hair perfectly and satisfies your specific care needs.
Which is the right Alpecin product? How does it work?
Would you like to do something to counteract hereditary hair loss? Would you like to strengthen your hair roots and, at the same, care for your scalp and hair? Below we have provided answers to frequently asked questions on our Alpecin products. Select your subject area and then the relevant question.
Unable to find the answer you were looking for? Write to us. We would be delighted to help you further.
Frequently asked questions
- What are the ingredients of the proprietary caffeine complex?
- Does Alpecin work the same way for all patients suffering from hair loss?
- Where can I purchase Alpecin products?
- Does drinking coffee help in preventing hair loss?
- I suffer from premature hair loss. Should I use Alpecin Caffeine Liquid or Caffeine Shampoo C1 or both?
- Would it make sense to perform a scalp massage with coffee?
- Do I really have to wash my hair every day?
- Are the caffeine-based Alpecin products also appropriate for women?
- When should a hair loss patient begin with caffeine therapy?
- What happens if a patient interrupts the caffeine treatment? Will he lose more hair? How long do I need to continue the treatment?
- Where does "harmless" dandruff end and psoriasis begin?
- How does dandruff occur?
- Why hair loss?
- I have been using Alpecin Caffeine Liquid for 3 weeks and still haven't noticed any improvement of my hair loss.
- I have been using Alpecin Caffeine Liquid for more than a year. No hair has grown back? Is Alpecin Caffeine Liquid ineffective?
- Is it possible to overdose in a single day based on multiple applications of Alpecin Caffeine Liquid (e.g. after bathing in the morning and after exercising at night)?
- Apart from Alpecin Caffeine Liquid, can I use other products such as gel or hair spray?
- The recommended usage instructions on the product say "In the morning and after every hair wash, use the dosage tip to directly apply product to towel-dried scalp and massage in."
Can Alpecin Caffeine Liquid also be used on dry hair or is it absolutely necessary to wash the hair before application?
- Do you have to use Alpecin Caffeine Liquid every day?
- For a few weeks, I have been using Alpecin Caffeine Liquid every day and I am noticing increased hair loss?
- Despite the long-term application of Caffeine Liquid, I still lose a lot of hair? Are there some cases in which the product doesn't work?
- What amount is required for proper application?
- Does this caffeine based Alpecin products have any contraindications?
- Isn't alcohol harmful?
- In which cases should I use Alpecin Tuning Shampoo?
- Is the Tuning Shampoo appropriate for daily use?
- How long do I have to use the Tuning Shampoo to obtain a visible result?
- What happens if I use the Tuning Shampoo on light blond, completely gray or white hair?
- Can my scalp be discoloured when washing my hair with the Tuning Shampoo?
- Can my clothes or hats be discoloured when using Alpecin Tuning Shampoo, e.g. in the rain or by sweating?
- What is special about Alpecin Dandruff Killer Shampoo?
- Where is the line between "harmless dandruff" and pathological psoriasis?
- What causes dandruff and dandruff attacks?
- What are the consequences of fungi, bacteria and yeast if left untreated?
- Can I use the Dandruff Killer Shampoo to simultaneously prevent hair loss?
- What is the difference between the Dandruff Killer Shampoo and the Double-Effect Caffeine Shampoo?
- Is the Dandruff Killer Shampoo suitable for daily use?